Friday, January 16, 2009

mind games...

Okay okay, really I know, I am not in a relationship, therefore my right to discuss love and the whole shebang is sort of negated, but then again, everywhere I’m looking around me now, there is love, a few of my very close friends are even looking to get married, and one of them, was the chief anti-marriage crusader of all time. I mean,. Seriously, it’s a fact of life that men and women come from entirely different planets, I am highly suspicious they could even be two entirely different species, but I know that the fact that they do produce fertile offspring makes that a pretty moot point, aye? Well, I was talking to the fiancĂ©e of one of the chics getting married and found out a coupla interesting things, like the fact that he is doing this whole thing just for her, he says she makes sense in his life, and when he thinks of his future, the only thing that makes sense is having her alongside him, every step of the way. She said she wanted a huge fancy wedding and by Jove he will give her one, doesn’t matter that he could quite happily shack up with her the rest of his days, if its what she wants he will go the whole nine yards. Now knowing my friend, she is a very assertive woman, she knows her worth and she aint taking no shit from any which bugger decides to spill it her way, nah, not this one, she is kinda my star cos she is also a single mum who held out til she got the best life has to offer her. She had a couple of bad relationships before she finally styled up and decided to start having a good relationship with herself before she can have one with a man, or woman. J. She met this guy and liked him a whole lot plus a bag of chips, but was the queen bitch to him whenever he was actually looking (why? I ask, do we feel the need to play all these mind games?) I know I know, cat and mouse games, but the funny bit about her is that she wasn’t playing hard to get, or being a tease, she genuinely hated how vulnerable he made her, how easily he wormed his way into her hardened cast iron heart where she had marked out a no go zone, without even trying. That was until he finally convinced her (two years later) that his were only the best of intentions, and that she was actually safe. In his words, the result of that safety was even more than he had bargained for, all her hidden sweetness came out alongside her strength, and suddenly he knew he could not live without her (sheesh, I thought only girls use that line!!! If she hadn’t spoken about it in glowing breathless terms, I would have been tempted to doubt his manhood, lol, KIDDING!!!). Now she has got me thinking about the existence, or lack thereof, of love, but as she plans her wedding, that glow in her eye that refuses to die, as we argue about the ugly bridesmaids dress she is determined to make me wear, lol, she tells me its all been worth it. And just looking at him and at her, I am tempted to believe in happy endings, and to ask myself if one awaits me somewhere down the road, and then I catch myself thinking that, and I wonder what the hell is wrong with me, I do have a happy ending. I spoke to someone yesterday that made me really appreciate my ability to get pregnant without even trying, and my life really is even better than I had hoped it would be in five years time, five years ago, indeed, who knew?

No comments:

Post a Comment