Friday, January 16, 2009

the art of seduction

One of my favourite all time movies remains coyote ugly, a movie I have watched well, too many times, and been entertained each time without fail. I cannot yet identify exactly what it is about the movie that has me all gaga, whether it is the mix of sex appeal, good music, a beautiful voice, the struggle to survive and the ability to succeed against all odds, clearly, there is a lot about it that just takes my breath away. Now, in coyote ugly, there is this scene where she has tried to convince her new flame (ok fine, they’ve kissed a total of two times by this time, so I would not exactly refer to him as her flame but there is enough sexual tension between the two of them to load up a nuke fit to end the earth, period! Not the earth as we know it, but the earth, period. ) that she cannot perform her own music in front of an audience, and he’s determined to help fix this problem (you know men, always Mr. Fix It syndrome), so he hires a keyboard, a whole load of cardboard ‘people’ with all manner of faces, Bill Clinton and Marilyn Munroe to mention but a few, and brings her and her guitar over to his apartment to perform in front of this massive audience. Long story halved, (lol, considering how long that was, it would be a travesty to call it short), he asks how it feels, and there follows one of the most classic seduction scenes I seen in my time.

Now, as Ron will attest, I have always longed to be a seductress ( I also cannot believe I just wrote that down, but since it is relevant… well….), you know, one of those chics that can weaken a man’s knees with one simple glance, u know the type, there is a name for them, femme fatales, I believe. Except for one major weakness I’ve always had, I’m a one man kinda woman, believe me I’ve tried to fight that or contradict it but at the end of the day, sadly, my femme fatale genes, well, they kinda skipped out on me. I then planned, as Ron might laughingly tell you, to join a belly dancing class, the forte of sensuality. Pole dancing was also in the pipeline, and of course, that sensual henna tattooing in all manner of places for my hubby to find, well, that does hold its appeal to me too, you know.

Seduction, was it the power in it that attracted me to it? Is it the watching of a glazed look on a man’s face, and knowing it is a reaction you have planned and provoked in him, is it knowing that in that moment, he can do the laundry a hundred times over if I played my cards right? (lol, Davie, see it is more than one woman that knows that trick, lolest), or is it simply that one of the deepest desires in a woman (whether she is size zero or size infinity and everything between) is to be called beautiful, to be desired and wanted as a whole. Some of my male friends are always whining cos when they call a girl sexy, she thinks he only wants her for sex, when he considers her funny, it is a sign he is not sexually attracted to her, and all sorts of bizarre claims, whose main moral is simply that men can never do right by women (sob sob).

Why am I as a woman seemingly so difficult to please whereas my desires are so clear in my head. Not the crap planted in my head by the bold and the beautiful (you know yourself don’t take offence, J) oh wait, that’s the one where every single character has slept with every other character on set in one way or another, so no not that one, the ones where Mr. Perfect has to be a certain height, a certain amount of handsome, a certain way of walking, he should be strong, yet weak, know everything yet listen to my opinion(AS IF!!!!!!!!!!!), tell me he loves me every single day (even on those days he’d gladly skin me and sell the skin on eBay!), wake up looking freshly shaven(hahahahahahaha, my ribs ache), with peppermint breath, and smelling of intimately beckham, you get the idea, right? Now, ladies, make no mistake, I’m not saying settle for any Tom Dick or Harry that gives you a second look, but on the other hand, remember you too, are human yourself, so cut a brother some slack!! I was telling my male friend the other day about this chic who told us about her encounter with a guy who was, how shall I put it delicately, yes, not well endowed AT ALL. Anyway, she says she told him no as soon as she noticed his size, and proceeded to laugh her head off to the sheer embarrassment of the poor fella who might now decide to take it out on every other girl he encounters, or who might decide its celibacy from here on in. after listening quietly for the entire length of the story with a thoughtful look on his face, my mate proceeded to make a statement that stayed with me a while, he said ‘only if you have the perfect body yourself are you allowed to do something so callous!’ so people, the next time you wanna be unkind about such sensitive matters to others, please stop, and wait a bit, then ask yourself if you yourself are perfect, then surely you’ll see the point of those oldies who said something about people who live in glass houses, and how permitted or not they are to throw stones.

J its official, Ciru cannot write a short note to save her skin L sorry. Don’t fall asleep on me, (or do… wink wink, just not on my note, lol)

No comments:

Post a Comment